This week on Eater’s Digest, we talk about a number of the largest information of the week:
- An replace on authorities help. The Paycheck Safety Program is formally out of cash. The Restaurant Revitalization Fund wants greater than twice its funding to satisfy each software. The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant was glitchy from the beginning however ought to manage to pay for to cowl the present functions. No phrase but on whether or not the RRF will likely be replenished.
- Man Fieri’s streaming present. On June 12, Man Fieri will launch a streaming particular with the aim to have fun eating places and encourage members of the business. It is going to embrace musical performances, conversations with restaurateurs like José Andrés and Cat Cora, celeb appearances by Shaquille O’Neal and Rob Gronkowski, and $300,000 in grant giveaways for indie restaurateurs.
- Masks in eating places. This week Nick Kokonas introduced that staffers at Alinea can forgo masks at work if they’re vaccinated (and may put on a pin to display their standing to visitors). In the meantime Gabriel Stulman in New York is just permitting vaccinated patrons to dine inside his new restaurant Jolene, and for the reason that workers are all vaccinated, nobody has to put on masks.
- Oatly’s IPO. The beloved oat milk model managed by a Belgium-based funding firm and a Chinese language conglomerate (plus funding agency Blackrock) is now price $12.5 billion after a powerful preliminary public providing in Might.
- Not possible Burger within the faculties. Now that the USDA awarded plant-based Not possible Burgers the Little one Diet Label, they are often served in faculties, worrying advocates who don’t suppose manufacturers must be marketed to youngsters within the cafeteria. However would together with the Not possible branding assist with uptake amongst teenagers?
Pay attention and subscribe to Eater’s Digest on Apple Podcasts.